Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Hero...Tiffany Lakosky!

Everyone knows I LOVE to hunt! It's become obsessive within the past 1 1/2 years thanks to my awesome boyfriend. Even though I've loved hunting (I should say observing) and fishing (I was always the queen fisherwoman) with my dad when I was younger, it never quite became a full time hobby like it has been the past 2 seasons. I'm not kidding when I say that I think about it at least 5 times a day and this is the off season (yikes!). It started in the winter of 2007 when me and Josh started dating and I begged him to take me with him to duck hunt. He thought I was insane and I would only last one day because seriously, what girls like to get up at 4:30 am and skip the make-up? Boy was he WRONG in thinking that would be the first and last day of me tagging along!!! It became a passion almost instantly and I knew that I had to get my hunting license. In the state of La you have to go through a 3 day class and shoot clay pigeons in front of a hundred people. Needless to say I was well prepared after hanging out with the "master" (that would be Josh) and shattered all 3 of my skeet and made an "A" on my written test. I was finally able to hunt legally after watching and envying Josh and his friends for several months. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I think I was more happy that day then when I graduated high school.

I killed several ducks during the 2008-2009 duck season and my very first doe. It was a great year! I killed her at 160 yards which is definitely something to brag about!!!




Now the first deer I ever shot at was this little (too young but I was gonna shoot it anyway) 6 point:



The gun misfired and he just stood there and looked at me. These are pictures caught on the game camera as I was aiming at him. You can see he's very worried for his life, yeah right!



So everyone knows there aren't many women hunters. Well, a few months back I saw this blonde girl on a hunting dvd in walmart and he told me she was Tiffany Lakosky. She and her husband Lee hunt together professionally and have several tv shows and are the cutest couple ever! Since I've been practicing shooting the bow (totally harder than it looks), and I'm doing REALLY well I might add, she's been my new hero! Goes to show that women can have just as much if not more fun than men in this sport! Now, I've got to work on harvesting some racks like she's got in these pics:




I've definitely got the drive. Now I need the deer!

2 comments:

  1. So as a member of PETA and lover of animals, I forbid you doing this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to have a little talk with Josh about this hobby of yours;)-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did it publish me as anonymous, it's Megan biotch!!!

    ReplyDelete