Monday, August 24, 2009

Fall is approaching!



Ahhhh....the autumn leaves in fall! Wait, what am I thinking???? This is Louisiana, not Connecticut!




More accurate picture for this area, right?? Cypress trees and swamp.

We got our first hint of fall yesterday morning! 67 degrees and clear skies. Gorgeous day for a walk in the woods which is exactly what we did! Well, we actually went with friends to Hammond to pull deer stands out the woods, but close enough. :)

One of my friends that was with us got home last night and found a few "intruders" clinging to her body.........eeeeeeeeeeeewww, ticks!!! And i quote from her blog, "I hurried up and tried to kill this nasty, red, spider looking thing but it wouldn't budge. I tried everything in the book...even body slamming it...nothing worked." HAHAHA!!!



Nasty little devils!

Anyway, this isn't going to be a blog about ticks because Amber already covered that territory today (thank God I didn't have to do it!). I just wanted to say that Fall is approaching, hunting season starts in two weeks (count with me: one, two!) and I am one happy little coonass!

No comments:

Post a Comment