Saturday, September 12, 2009

Holy Buffalo!

Earlier this year I ate buffalo for the first time. I was kinda iffy but ate my Cabela's Buffalo burger anyway and man was it yummy!!!! I didn't realize how lean the meat was going to be. It almost tasted like a turkey burger...somewhere between turkey and lean beef.

Wednesday afternoon I went to Super 1 because they had a few necessities on sale and walked past the meat selection. Low and behold, they have ground buffalo! And might I add, no growth hormones or antibiotics. :)


Ok, so maybe everybody knew that but me?

Anyway, I took the meat, added an egg, breadcrumbs, chopped jalapenos and seasoning and threw it on the George Foreman.



As soon as it was done I slapped some mayo, mustard, mozzerella and avocado on that bad boy and it was gone in 60 seconds! Super yummy....why not expand your horizons and try something new?



Got Buffalo?

No comments:

Post a Comment