Monday, September 14, 2009

Vegetable Medley: a great snack to take to work!

So OK, i ripped this one off of a co-worker but I know she won't mind. It's really a healthy snack and didn't sound or look appealing the first time I saw it but now I'll probably eat this for as long as I'm still breathing:

Vegetable Medley:
1 red bell pepper (orange or yellow is good too!) cut into chunks or slices, whichever you'd prefer
1/2 cup of block cheese cubed (any kind will do, i prefer sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup of mini-pickles (you all know my favorite, see my previous post about pickles)
1/2 cup of green or black olives
1/2 cup of baby carrots, tomatoes, whatever you can conjure up!
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
1 sandwich size Ziploc baggy!

Put peppers in first so that they stay at the bottom of the bag. Add all other ingredients and lastly add oil and salt (ew, i don't put salt but my coworkers like it). The oil will seep to the bottom of the bag where it will mainly stay on the peppers but still coat everything else. You can shake the bag around like I do just to make sure the olive oil coats everything. Refrigerate and take out 10 or 20 minutes before you want to enjoy. Olive oil tends to thicken when it's cold and will return to liquid when its room temp again. If you don't keep it refrigerated, the cheese will start to fall apart due to the liquid in the bag. I always prepare this the night before so that i don't have to cut up everything in the morning. It really doesn't take that long but I NEVER wake up earlier than I have to on a week day.

Some days I don't add everything on the list, just what i have in the pantry.


ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment