Friday, September 11, 2009

Teal season is here!



Starting at sunrise tomorrow morning the teal will be falling down....like rain!

As the song says "Make it Rain" and that's exactly what I plan on doing. :)

Teal season is finally here and we have the privilege of taking 3 cops hunting with us. This should be interesting...4 grown men (3 cops and a navy boy) and little old me. I'll make sure and wear my pink boots just to remind them who is boss.

There are only 2 types of teal that are prevalent where we hunt, green and blue winged.




Surely I don't have to point out which is which, right?

I've never seen them, but cinnamon teal are supposedly common to this area during the winter. Here's a little pic:



I have 2 favorite birds to eat: wood ducks and teal. There's nothing like a good rice and gravy!



HAPPY HUNTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment